Do you want to live in Rome? Are you looking for an international internship?
Spend Summer 2019 in Rome interning at the U.S. Embassy to the Holy See (Vatican)!
If you are a U.S. Citizen, enrolled as a degree-seeking student in an accredited college or university, with strong writing and critical thinking skills, this is your chance to live in Rome and work with U.S. diplomats on global issues.
The U.S. Embassy to the Holy See’s competitive, unpaid, full-time student internship program gives you an inside look at diplomacy in action and exposes students to a range of careers.
Our two offices, the Public Diplomacy section and the Political/Economic section, give interns the opportunity to experience work in the Foreign Service, while gaining skills in an international setting.
Interested in communications, social and digital media, video editing, photography, and/or journalism? Join our PUBLIC DIPLOMACY section.
- Draft the Embassy’s primary news product, distributed among government opinion makers in Washington, D.C.
- Serve as the Embassy’s social media manager, creating content for all of the Embassy’s digital and social media platforms
- Assist in setting up Embassy media interviews and make contacts with well-known journalists covering the Vatican
- Attend and be involved in the planning of diplomatic functions, receptions, conferences, and activities
- Capture notable U.S.-Vatican events on camera as our official Embassy photographer/videographer
Interested in global affairs, politics, economics, and analysis? Join our POLITICAL/ECONOMIC section.
- Draft reports for the State Department in Washington on developments at the Vatican with relevance to global issues;
- Assist in research and other preparation for meetings with Holy See diplomatic personnel;
- Act as notetaker for meetings with visiting officials;
- Get a behind-the-scenes look into how the Embassy manages political affairs with our bi-lateral partner;
- Learn how the Roman Curia operates
Deadline to apply for Summer 2019: Friday, September 28, 2018
Apply through this website: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498532700 and be sure to select U.S. Embassy to the Holy See (Vatican)!